Monday, August 27, 2007

Sticks and Skeins

Since I have finished Sahara, I have been really torn about what to cast on next. I have a design of my own that I have been itching to try, but I also needed some kind of mindless knitting project for those days that working out a new pattern would put my brain into overload. So enters my trusty Mason-Dixon Knitting book to solve that problem! I decided to make a log - cabin baby blankie as a way to put legs to my faith as my hubby and I are trying to start a family. I chose Caron Simply Soft in four muted pastel colors and this is the first little block.


I have also been working on a pair of socks for hubby. It's actually the first thing that I have ever knit for him so I am kind of nervous. I am doing the Charade socks using 72 stitches instead of the 64 called for. I love this pattern because it is interesting enough that I am not bored with it but it is a totally guy-friendly pattern and easily memorized so I don't have to carry around the pattern with me.


I'll keep you posted on all my progress!

No comments: