what kind of project a yarn this special could be used in? ;)
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
At least the first one is! I have made it down to the end of the gusset decreases and I am counting the rows until I can bind off and have Craig try it on! I think I am more excited about this than my hubby is but then again, as this is his first handknit, (I know, I know, I should be ashamed of myself) he can't yet comprehend what the perfect fit of a handknit sock feels like. I love working with the Fixation, although I am glad I went with a very subtle pattern because complicated stitch pattern don't seem like they would show up very well in this kind of yarn.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Since I have finished Sahara, I have been really torn about what to cast on next. I have a design of my own that I have been itching to try, but I also needed some kind of mindless knitting project for those days that working out a new pattern would put my brain into overload. So enters my trusty Mason-Dixon Knitting book to solve that problem! I decided to make a log - cabin baby blankie as a way to put legs to my faith as my hubby and I are trying to start a family. I chose Caron Simply Soft in four muted pastel colors and this is the first little block.
I have also been working on a pair of socks for hubby. It's actually the first thing that I have ever knit for him so I am kind of nervous. I am doing the Charade socks using 72 stitches instead of the 64 called for. I love this pattern because it is interesting enough that I am not bored with it but it is a totally guy-friendly pattern and easily memorized so I don't have to carry around the pattern with me.
I'll keep you posted on all my progress!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Well, I am sorry for the lack of updates but I have been busy completing something to show all of you! Here is the finished Sahara! This sweater has been more drama then I care to admit. It started off really well. I got through the back and forth of the top and completed the rest of the body of it, bound off, then eagerly went to try it on. What I found was that although the top part of the sweater fit beautifully, the bottom (in the round) part of it was WAAAAY too big! I guess my gauge in the round is different than my gauge back and forth. Who knew? So I was heartbroken and mad and I put it down for a while. (Like almost a month kind of while!) When I got over the grief of having to frog it all back, I actually got through the knitting part pretty quickly. Then comes the next bit of drama.....I pick up the stitches for the sleeves and knit them up, go to try it on and the sleeves are too big as well! At this point I am ready to just frog the whole thing and pretend that this pattern never existed. But a little bit of inspiration saved me from that. I decided to knit some I-cord and thread it through the YO's at the base of the diamond rib on the sleeve and see if that would fix the problem and thankfully it did! I actually really like the tie on the sleeves and it finishes the whole thing off for me! YEA!!! I don't know what I am casting on next but I can't wait to do it!